Air Conditioner Tune Up In Baltimore, Lutherville-Timonium, Ellicott City, MD and Surrounding Areas
AC Tune-Up – What Does it Consist of?
Air conditioner tune up in Baltimore, Lutherville-Timonium, Ellicott City, MD and the surrounding areas will prepare your AC for the blistering summer that is knocking on our door. A lot of homeowners have questions as to what an air conditioner tune up consists of, so we thought we’d share some insights.
What Happens during an Air Conditioner Tune up?
- The HVAC technician checks the refrigerant levels. If you run out of refrigerant, the AC could stop working at any time, which is not something you want on a hot day.
- Clean the condenser coils to make sure they are working efficiently. The condenser coils gather dirt which inadvertently acts as a natural form of insulation that stops the heat from getting transferred. This would be the job that the coils have to do. Therefore, the entire unit will work a lot harder and use more energy than it should.
- Check the capacitors and ensure they have not worn out. You can think of the capacitors inside your AC as small batteries which keep its motor running. If they fail, naturally, the motor will stop running as well. Moreover, if the AC itself tries to run with broken capacitors, it could get damaged permanently.
- Inspect the service valves for any signs of leakage. An HVAC inspector will try to locate any place through which the refrigerant might be escaping the unit.
- Calibrate the thermostat. It needs to be perfectly synced so that you can have total control over the temperature in your house.
- Check the air filters. If they are dirty or clogged, the technician has to clean or replace them. If not, dirty air filters can contaminate the air in your home.
Homeowners or building owners who are in need of an air conditioner tune up can contact us or call us using the information at the top of the page. Our technicians are ready to help you with anything you need!