Furnace Maintenance in Lutherville-Timonium, Baltimore, Ellicott City, MD, and the Surrounding Areas
Furnace maintenance in Lutherville-Timonium, Baltimore, Ellicott City, MD, and the surrounding areas is a task that needs to be on your to-do list every single year. Your furnace’s safe operation means more than just low bills and a warm house. It also means your family’s well-being. So here is all you need to know!
Furnace Maintenance Steps You Can Take
You will be pleased to learn that furnace maintenance can be dealt both by you and by the professionals. This means that there are some simpler tasks which you can take on your own. But there are also complicated procedures that require an HVAC professional to come to your house. Calling in a pro will save you a lot of time and effort.
What You Can Do
- Check the air filters every 30 days to make sure they are clean.
- Replace the batteries in your CO and smoke detectors every year or as often as it is needed.
- Test your CO and smoke detectors to make sure they are working properly.
- Seal all the air leaks in your house. Don’t forget about the attic! If you have any air leaks, they will make your furnace work a lot harder than it should.
Call a Professional
- If you see any rust or soot around the furnace, leave it to a professional to deal with it.
- Should you notice that the furnace’s flame is not blue, it may be a sign that the system is contaminated with debris and needs a deep cleaning. Call an HVAC Technician!
- Furnace maintenance should be performed once a year to make sure it’s in top shape and safe to use. Reach out to your trusted expert at the beginning of each heating season to check everything for you!
If you are in need of a furnace maintenance or simply have a few questions you need to ask, don’t hesitate to drop us a line or give us a call at (443)219-7798!