Mini-Split Maintenance Plan in Baltimore, Lutherville-Timonium, Ellicott City, MD and the Surrounding Areas
Mini-Split Maintenance Services in Baltimore, Lutherville-Timonium, Ellicott City, Columbia, Glen Burnie, Bowie, Towson, Dundalk, Catonsville, Laurel, Woodlawn, Nottingham, Randallstown, Abington, Essex, MD and Surrounding Areas.
Affordable Mini-Split Maintenance by a Professional HVAC Technician
Mini-split maintenance in Baltimore, Lutherville-Timonium, Ellicott City, MD and the surrounding areas done by a professional HVAC technician is the only way you can make sure your unit will not break down when you need it the most and that it will meet its pre-defined life expectancy.
What Does a Technician Do During a Mini-Split Maintenance?
- Inspect the refrigerant lines – the first thing he needs to do is check and see if there are no leakages when it comes to the refrigerant lines. If that happens, they must be fixed right away. Refrigerant is a dangerous chemical and you should not handle it yourself. Please refer to the HVAC professional for this issue.
- Clean the mini-split’s coils – another item on the maintenance list is removing debris or contaminants from the coils. The technician also has to prevent mold or mildew and stop it from growing on the coils themselves.
- Clear the drainage – this is done to prevent water leaks or damage to the drainage. Therefore, the technician will have to flush and then treat the drain lines. All these actions will also serve to stop any algae or mold from growing inside.
- Check the filters – you should have your filters checked and maintained as often as possible. Maintained means cleaning and putting them back or changing them completely to ensure the best air quality inside your house. And ‘as often as possible’ usually mean once every three months.
- Inspect the electrical componants – this is yet another crucial task on the mini-split maintenance list of a professional since we’re talking about electricity. They must not have any wires coming out in odd places and they cannot be worn out.
These are just a few examples of what a professional technician does during a mini-split maintenance session. If you want to find out more, please don’t hesitate to reach out and talk to us!