Oil Furnace Installation in Baltimore, Lutherville-Timonium, Ellicott City, MD and the Surrounding Areas
Oil Furnace Installation – Is it the Right Decision?
Oil furnace installation in Baltimore, Lutherville-Timonium, Ellicott City, MD and the surrounding areas is a decision that you need to think about carefully. Even more so since oil furnaces are not such a common choice any longer when it comes to heating solutions. But why is that?
Why Is an Oil Furnace Installation a Thing of the Past?
- Oil is a very dangerous type of fuel since it’s so prone to spills. If that does happen, you will be responsible for the cleanup. Depending on the damage, you will have to pay as much as $6,000 to $20,000 for a residential home, which is not covered by your insurance.
- Deciding to convert to a gas or electric furnace or to a heat pump is a good decision because they have a lower carbon footprint. In other words, they don’t pollute the environment as much as oil does. But then again, we’re sure we didn’t have to tell you that. Global warming is doing it for us.
- You will save a lot more money if you go for a heat pump or an gas furnace. Studies show how that conversion alone could save you between 45 and 70 percent on your energy bills on a monthly basis. Remember that oil is very pricey!
- Gas furnaces are a lot cheaper as well. The simple reason for that is that gas is a lot cheaper than oil as a source of natural fuel. Therefore, you will be paying a lot less on your heating bills.
- Gas is also a lot more stable than oil as far as their prices go. The price of oil changes all the time, with experts now saying it will continue to grow in the next years. If that happens, you will only end up paying more and more to heat your house. Gas prices, on the other hand, are not estimated to change in the next ten years.