Oil Furnace Repair in Baltimore, Lutherville-Timonium, Ellicott City, MD and the Surrounding Areas
Oil Furnace Service in Baltimore, Lutherville-Timonium, Ellicott City, Columbia, Glen Burnie, Bowie, Towson, Dundalk, Catonsville, Laurel, Woodlawn, Nottingham, Randallstown, Abington, Essex, MD and Surrounding Areas.
Furnace Repair or Conversion to another Heating Source?
Oil furnace repair in Baltimore, Lutherville-Timonium, Ellicott City, MD and the surrounding areas is a situation that arises when something happens to your oil furnace. Naturally, you call a professional to fix it for you. But what if you don’t? Here’s a thought! What if, instead of fixing your oil furnace, you replace it with a gas or electric one or with a heat pump? Why should you do that? Here are a few good reasons.
The Cons of Oil Furnaces
- Oil prices are extremely high. The fact that oil comes from very remote locations and is sold to us by other nations contributes to its exorbitant price.
- You need a tank to store it in that will take up a lot of space in your yard. Plus, that tank will have to be refilled regularly. Which means you have to schedule and pay for that extra service.
- If the tank spills, you are the sole responsible for the cleanup, which costs tens of thousands of dollars and is not covered by your insurance.
- Oil is the most harmful type of fuel when it comes to the environment. It is responsible for global warming and spills into rivers and oceans.
- Oil furnaces are very high maintenance and need to be cleaned a lot more often that gas or electric ones. This means that you will have to call in an HVAC team to handle this task for you.
- It will prove a lot more difficult to sell your house if you have an oil furnace. Most home buyers nowadays are looking for residences with modern appliances and heating systems that will help them save money on their bills and protect the environment in the process. An oil furnace does none of those things.
What do you think about an oil furnace repair now?
Do you still think it’s a good idea to keep your old heating system? Or are you ready for a conversion to a gas or electric furnace. If that’s the case, click on our contact information at the top of the page and book a session with one of our technicians!