Radiator Replacement In Baltimore, Lutherville-Timonium, Ellicott City, MD and Surrounding Areas
Is it Time for a Radiator Replacement? What Are the Signs?
A radiator replacement may seem like a hassle, but there are modern and very efficient options on the market today that will make it all worth it. Low bills, a comfortable house, and a happy family are the perks of replacing your radiator. But what are the signs you should replace it?
Signs Your Radiator Might Need Replacement
- The house is cold- If the pilot light is on, but the radiator is not working, it’s time to call in the professionals. Your radiator is broken and you’re probably in line for a replacement.
- The ducts won’t leak – radiators don’t use any ductwork which can lose some 30% of the heat that goes through your system.
- They are very energy efficient – since they work by heating up water, they are more efficient. Water in itself is a lot more efficient than air because it can stay hot for longer.
- They heat more evenly – they will heat all the areas of your house a lot more evenly than a system based on forced air which often leads to cold and hot spots.
- The heat is in the right place – that is close to the floor since warm air floats up and cold air sinks to the bottom.
- The radiator is making loud noises- The most common cause of the noises is air trapped in the system. However, it could also be the result of low pressure.
- The radiator is leaking- If you notice water coming out of the radiator, then the seal or one of the valves is broken. Please do not try to fix it yourself. This is a job that only a professional can tackle!
Please contact SuperTech HVAC to schedule your radiator replacement service right now. Our team is on standby waiting to help you!