Ductless Mini-Split Services In Baltimore, Lutherville-Timonium, Ellicott City, MD and Surrounding Areas
A ductless minisplit in Baltimore, Lutherville-Timonium, Ellicott City, MD and the surrounding areas is a common thing. It functions like a regular air conditioner but doesn’t have any ducts. How does that happen?
How Does a Ductless Mini-split Work?
As already mentioned, the difference between a ductless minisplit and a central air conditioning system is that the former doesn’t have any ducts. The reason is because the unit indoors blows warm air from inside the house over the evaporator coils which are cold. They have refrigerant running through them which absorbs the heat and takes it to the outside unit. This is where the heat escapes from your house.
With a regular air conditioner, the indoor unit would be placed somewhere out of sight like the attic or even a closet. Ducts would carry the air from your home to this more central location. It would be cooled here and then it would come back to your desired rooms through even more ducts.
A ductless minisplit removes the need for so much piping. Plus, the indoor unit is much smaller and placed inside the room it’s designed to cool.
Since it’s already in this room, there will be no more vents or ducts. It will merely suck the warm air and blow fresh, cold air to cool you off.
Can a Ductless Minisplit Cool off My Whole House?
You get ten points for a very good question! Yes, it can surely do that. If you install several indoor units, they can all connect to the same outdoor unit. In this way they can provide air conditioning to your whole house.
Plus, there’s a whole range or variations of styles when it comes to indoor units to fit all your different rooms.
Mini-Split Installation – The Advantages
- A mini-split is a highly engineered unit which is very attractive from an efficiency point of view. Moreover, they usually qualify when it comes to utility company rebates.
- You get both cooling and heating services after a mini-split installation, which means the comfort is year-round.
- Mini-splits are also solar-friendly because they have very low requirements when it comes to power. Therefore, if you have a home that is using renewable power or ‘Net Zero Energy,’ this is the unit for you.
- There is no carbon footprint whatsoever, seeing as mini-splits are electric. Therefore, they don’t have emissions.
- Almost all types of mini-splits come with ‘zoning.’ This will allow you to customize the temperature in a certain room according to your needs or your demands.
- The outdoor unit of a mini-split is very compact. Therefore, it does not take up as much space.
- A mini-split is perfect for remodeling or additions in which access to a traditional type of HVAC system would be difficult and cumbersome.
- You wouldn’t believe just how quiet a mini-split actually is. This alone should be reason enough for a mini-split installation.
- They have variable capacity. Most mini-splits are DC inverter driven. In other words, they benefit from a speed compressor that modulates proportionally to your instantaneous demand.
If you want to know what they are plus what are the best options for each of your rooms and your house on the whole when it comes to a ductless minisplit, don’t hesitate to give us a call!
The Mini-Split Inspection Rundown
- Checking the filters – most mini-splits come with mesh filters that are designed to catch all sort of pollutants such as dirt or debris that could harm the unit itself. However, in time and with a lot of usage, those mesh filters can get clogged. If that happens, the airflow can slow down.
As a result, the mini-split will have to work harder to provide the same amount of air it used to when it was clean.
- Examine the refrigerant levels – its main purpose is to cool the coils of the evaporator after it has passed through the pipes. If that happens in a correct manner, the heat will be transferred to the outside.
But when the unit is low on refrigerant, the coils will never get cold enough to cool off the air. It might mean that the unit is leaking through which refrigerant is now escaping.
- Take a look at the condenser unit – this part of the mini-split needs to be cleaned of gunk, debris, fallen leaves or even snow that might be hindering it. All this dirt could affect its cooling process.
- Inspect the evaporator coils – part of the unit which retains the cold temperature needed to cool off the air. But if there is any debris on its surface, it will insulate it, not allowing the cooling to actually happen.
SuperTech HVAC Services gladly provides ductless air conditioning repair, installation and services in Baltimore, Lutherville-Timonium, Ellicott City, MD and surrounding areas. We’re a locally-owned business and we pride ourselves in the superior quality of service we provide to all our clients.
Our Reputation Precedes Us
We have thoroughly satisfied customers with fast, efficient, and affordable service. Supertech HVAC Services provides excellent ductless air conditioning services. We’ve won the Best of Home Advisor Award, an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, as well as the Super Service Award from Angie’s List among others. Furthermore, we provide affordable ductless AC installation service.
We Are The Ductless Air Conditioner Experts
Let us handle all your ductless air conditioning installation in Baltimore, Lutherville-Timonium, Ellicott City, MD and surrounding areas. Our team of expert technicians have been doing this for decades and with all that experience comes efficiency and in-depth knowledge on how to do it right the first time. Whether you’re installing your ductless air condition for the first time or whether you want to replace an old unit, SuperTech HVAC Services will have your system up and running in no time.
Quick and effective service is what we promise. Efficiency and affordability is what we guarantee. If ductless AC installation in Baltimore, Lutherville-Timonium, Ellicott City, MD and surrounding areas is what you’re looking for, then look no further. Get a free quote so you can decide on an arrangement that will fit perfectly within your budget. We love hearing from our clients, new and old. Reach out to us on Facebook, or send us a message on WeChat. We are always here for you.