The Best Ductless Mini Split Installation in Baltimore and Surrounding Areas
SuperTech HVAC Provides Award-Winning Ductless Mini Split Installation in the Baltimore Metro Area
Regular - 89$
Club Member - 19$/m
Certified & Factory Trained Technician
Upfront Flat Rate Pricing
100% Guarantee & Warranties
24/7 Live Answer
Free Diagnosis ($99 value)
Free Maintenance Twice a year
20% off Repairs
Membership Fee Credit towards New System*(Up to $1,000)
Priority Schedule and Service
Automatic Maintenance Reminder
What is a Ductless Mini Split Unit ?
Ductless mini split installation in Baltimore is rising in popularity. You may be wondering, what is a ductless mini split unit and is it a good fit for my household?
For starters, the ductless mini split unit directly heats or cools the air in each room.The major difference between a mini split unit and a furnace & central air conditioner is that a mini split does not need any ductwork to heat or cool your space. The indoor ductless mini split unit is installed inside of the room it’s intended to cool or heat.
Is it a good fit? Ductless mini split installation is perfect for:
- Old buildings with no preexisting ductwork
- Additions to existing homes
- Remodeling projects/ Updates
- Managing individual temperature zones
Ductless mini split units are powered by electricity and use refrigerant to regulate temperature, just like central air conditioning systems. By using refrigerant, the heat energy can be transferred between indoors and outdoors. For cooling in the summer, the refrigerant absorbs the heat inside your home and transfers it outside. Similar to a heat pump, the cycle reverses to provide heat in the winter. The refrigerant now absorbs heat from the outside air and warms the inside of your home.
In a ductless mini-split system, two main parts are involved: the indoor air handler and the outdoor condenser. The indoor unit, typically located on the wall or ceiling, has a built-in air handler that allows it to heat and cool the room. A small hole in the wall connects the indoor unit to an outdoor condensing unit through a refrigerant line, copper tubes, wiring and a condensate drain line. This outdoor component looks like an air conditioner or heat pump condenser. The outside condenser sucks in or releases heat from outside, depending on whether it is heating or cooling.
Multiple indoor units can be connected to the same outdoor unit. Each indoor unit can be controlled independently,while still all relying on the same outdoor unit to take in or release heat.
What might cause it to break down? Check out below!
We Aim To Make You Smile
Cannot say enough good things. My mini splits needed cleaning desperately. It had been years. They took the time - a team showed up and thoroughly cleaned 9 units (including boiler & heater). Technicians all professional and cleaned up behind them and pleasant. Thank you Super Tech.
Troy from SuperTech was knowledgeable and professional. He was there to do a regular service and over the course of the service found another issue. He thoroughly and clearly explained the issue and showed me exactly what the problem was and how it would result in major repairs if it wasn’t fixed. He also gave me some helpful tips on things I could do to check and service the unit myself to save money on services in the future.
Kenny called ahead and gave us a heads up he was on his way. Arrived on time - very friendly, professional, knowledgeable and was able to help us get our ductless unit back up and running quickly. We appreciate the honesty and the time spent to really educate us on the situation at hand. Very good experience and will definitely use again. Highly recommend!
Coupon and EBook
Straight to Your Inbox
Common Signs Your Ductless Mini Split Unit Performance is Declining
Mini Split Blowing Room Temperature Air
Not Comfortable Enough
Rising Utility Bills
Mini Split Leaking Water
Innovating Comfort Solutions
What You Need To Know About Duct Less Mini Split Installation:
Yes it can! Depending on the layout and needs of your home you may need to install multiple indoor units. When you install several indoor units, they can all connect to one or two outdoor units. Plus, there’s a whole range or variations of styles when it comes to indoor units to fit all your different rooms.
1. Provides heating and cooling.
- Similar to a heat pump, but does not use duct work to circulate air.
2. Very energy efficient.
- Since mini splits do not use ducts, there is one less place to lose energy. Ducts can lose up to 30% of energy consumption, especially if the ducts are in an attic.
- Each mini-split zone will have its own thermostat. This saves you energy and money since the specific space will only be conditioned when it's occupied or when you choose to do so.
- They usually qualify when it comes to utility company rebates.
- Mini-splits are also solar-friendly because they have very low requirements when it comes to power. Therefore, if you have a home that is using renewable power or ‘Net Zero Energy,’ this is the unit for you.
- There is no carbon footprint whatsoever, seeing as mini-splits are electric. Therefore, they don’t have emissions.
- Mini-splits cool small zones. This is not just useful for saving money, but also a nifty perk. This is convenient because it allows you to customize the temperature in certain rooms depending on your needs.
- You wouldn’t believe just how quiet a mini-split actually is. This alone should be reason enough for a mini-split installation.
- The outdoor unit of a mini-split is very small and does not take up as much space.
- Quick, easy, and non-labor intensive to install
6. Perfect for remodeling or additions.
- Installing or modifying duct work can be expensive and messy. Mini splits can cool and heat without access to duct work.
1. Upfront cost
- The up-front cost can be quite a bit more if you are replacing a conventional HVAC system. You will see savings on your energy bill, but it does take a while for it to pay itself off through the savings.
- Ductless mini-splits require a small indoor unit to be mounted in each room that you want to be cooled.
3. Not ideal for large spaces.
- 1 outside mini-split unit can run up to 4 indoor mini-split units, which is enough to handle 1,500 square feet.
- Wall mount- This is the most popular and least expensive
- Ceiling cassette- Located partially in the ceiling
- Ceiling Mount- Attached to ceiling
- Floor mount
Mini-splits are a great option for room additions and finished attics, basements, and garages. They are also a good consideration if you have cooling or heating issues in specific rooms.
You should periodically wash the filters, for example once every month. And have HVAC pros do maintenance twice a year, once in the spring to get ready for summer and once in the fall to get ready for winter.
We Soar Past standards.
You’ve been looking for ductless mini split installation. Count on our team of expert technicians to do it right the first time. We are more than just an install team, we become your life-long comfort partners. Whether your ductless mini spit unit needs maintenance or a repair, we will have your system in peak condition in no time.
Our office team is happy to answer any questions or schedule you with our knowledgeable technicians to solve your comfort needs as soon as possible.