The Best Duct-Less Mini-Split Services in Baltimore, Lutherville-Timonium, Ellicott City, MD and Surrounding Areas
SuperTech HVAC Provides Award-Winning Cooling Services in the Baltimore Metro Area
Regular - 89$
Club Member - 19$/m
Certified & Factory Trained Technician
Upfront Flat Rate Pricing
100% Guarantee & Warranties
24/7 Live Answer
Free Diagnosis ($99 value)
Free Maintenance Twice a year
20% off Repairs
10% off New System*
Priority Schedule and Service
Automatic Maintenance Reminder
How Does A Ductless Mini-Split Work?
A ductless mini-split in Baltimore, Lutherville-Timonium, Ellicott City, MD and the surrounding areas is a common thing. The major difference between mini-splits and central air conditioners is that mini-splits do not need any duct work to cool your space.Mini-splits function like a regular air conditioner but don’t have any ducts! How does that happen?
The indoor unit of a regular central air conditioner is usually tucked away in the attic, basement, or a closet. Air would be brought from your house to this location through your return air ducts. Your room's air would be cooled here and then circulated back to your home through the supply air ducts.
The indoor unit of a ductless mini-split is installed inside of the room it’s intended to cool. Since it’s already in this room, vents or ducts are not necessary for cooling the space. The mini-split sucks in the warm air and blows cold air providing you with comfort. More rooms means additional indoor units will be required. This system is perfect for homes without any existing duct work or ventilation, as well as homes with open floor plans or rooms that are adjacent to each other.
Just like central air conditioning, the indoor mini-split unit takes in the hot air from your room and blows it over the cold evaporator coils. Inside the evaporator coil the refrigerant absorbs the heat and transports it to the outdoor unit. From there the heat is then released outdoors. This leaves the cold air to be blown back into the room.
What might cause it to break down? Check out below!
We Aim To Make You Smile
Cannot say enough good things. My mini splits needed cleaning desperately. It had been years. They took the time - a team showed up and thoroughly cleaned 9 units (including boiler & heater). Technicians all professional and cleaned up behind them and pleasant. Thank you Super Tech.
Troy from SuperTech was knowledgeable and professional. He was there to do a regular service and over the course of the service found another issue. He thoroughly and clearly explained the issue and showed me exactly what the problem was and how it would result in major repairs if it wasn’t fixed. He also gave me some helpful tips on things I could do to check and service the unit myself to save money on services in the future.
Kenny called ahead and gave us a heads up he was on his way. Arrived on time - very friendly, professional, knowledgeable and was able to help us get our ductless unit back up and running quickly. We appreciate the honesty and the time spent to really educate us on the situation at hand. Very good experience and will definitely use again. Highly recommend!
Coupon and EBook
Straight to Your Inbox
Common Signs Your Duct-Less Mini Split's Performance is Declining
Mini Split Blowing Hot Air
Not Cold Enough
Rising Utility Bills
Mini Split Leaking Water
The coolest way to prevent heat
Everything You Need To Know About Mini-Splits:
Yes it can! Depending on the layout and needs of your home you may need to install multiple indoor units. When you install several indoor units, they can all connect to one or two outdoor units. This way they can provide air conditioning to your whole house. Plus, there’s a whole range or variations of styles when it comes to indoor units to fit all your different rooms.
1. Provides heating and cooling.
- Similar to a heat pump, but does not use duct work to circulate air.
2. Very energy efficient.
- Since mini splits do not use ducts, there is one less place to lose energy. Ducts can lose up to 30% of energy consumption, especially if the ducts are in an attic.
- Each mini-split zone will have its own thermostat. This saves you energy and money since the specific space will only be conditioned when it's occupied or when you choose to do so.
- They usually qualify when it comes to utility company rebates.
- Mini-splits are also solar-friendly because they have very low requirements when it comes to power. Therefore, if you have a home that is using renewable power or ‘Net Zero Energy,’ this is the unit for you.
- There is no carbon footprint whatsoever, seeing as mini-splits are electric. Therefore, they don’t have emissions.
- Mini-splits cool small zones. This is not just useful for saving money, but also a nifty perk. This is convenient because it allows you to customize the temperature in certain rooms depending on your needs.
- You wouldn’t believe just how quiet a mini-split actually is. This alone should be reason enough for a mini-split installation.
- The outdoor unit of a mini-split is very small and does not take up as much space.
- Quick, easy, and non-labor intensive to install
6. Perfect for remodeling or additions.
- Installing or modifying duct work can be expensive and messy. Mini splits can cool and heat without access to duct work.
1. Upfront cost
- The up-front cost can be quite a bit more if you are replacing a conventional HVAC system. You will see savings on your energy bill, but it does take a while for it to pay itself off through the savings.
- Ductless mini-splits require a small indoor unit to be mounted in each room that you want to be cooled.
3. Not ideal for large spaces.
- 1 outside mini-split unit can run up to 4 indoor mini-split units, which is enough to handle 1,500 square feet.
- Wall mount- This is the most popular and least expensive
- Ceiling cassette- Located partially in the ceiling
- Ceiling Mount- Attached to ceiling
- Floor mount
Mini-splits are a great option for room additions and finished attics, basements, and garages. They are also a good consideration if you have cooling or heating issues in specific rooms.
You should periodically wash the filters, for example once every month. And have HVAC pros do maintenance twice a year, once in the spring to get ready for summer and once in the fall to get ready for winter.
We Soar Past standards.
You’ve been looking for a company to service your ductless air conditioning unit.
Our team of expert technicians know how to do it right the first time with efficiency and affordability guaranteed. Whether you’re servicing your system for the first time or whether you want to replace an old unit, we will have your system up and running in no time.
We offer quick and effective service at an affordable price so there's never any need to worry about being stuck without AC during those hot summer days! Our team of expert technicians are always happy to help answer any questions or concerns you may have about our services. Call us or schedule online today!